Monday, 13 July 2009

Catching up......

OK first I know I have been a bad blogger and haven't posted much lately.......... but I have had an excuse this last week!!! I stupidly burned my thumb on some molten UTEE and boy did it hurt!!!! More than a few choice words were uttered and many gallons of cold water later it was still incredibly painful so I gave in and rang NHS Direct - the poor lady I spoke with initially was so pleased to hear I wasn't phoning about Swine Flu as it seems that every man and his dog are phoning thinking that because great uncle Cedric who lives 50 miles away knows someone who might have contracted it, means that they must be getting it and what should they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor woman sounded so relieved to have a burn to deal with bless her...... Anyway to cut a very long story short I spoke with a nurse and she told me to go to A&E where I had it dressed with a burn dressing and finger bandage. Now the pain didn't stop for several hours so a trusty pack of frozen peas seemed to help until the dressing started to take effect.... You know its not until you can't use a part of your body for a while that you realise just how often you need it - needless to say I soon found out just how debilitating having a thumb out of action was so I couldn't do an awful lot last week to be honest......... Am I forgiven then for not blogging?????

The good news is that the dressing is now off and I am left with a scar but at least I can start to use my thumb again.... won't do that again in a hurry and I definitely DON'T recommend getting molten UTEE on any part of your skin - IT HURTS!!!

Anyway Saturday I went off to a crop in Bristol and made a start on a LO which I finished off this morning so thought I would share it with you..... I used some SEI papers which I have had in my stash for a while and I just had this yearning to use.....



Hope you like it.....

No comments: