Monday, 27 July 2009

Great day....

Ooh our last crop before September finished at 4pm on Saturday and what a lovely day it had been. We had 25 people (slightly less than planned due to illnesses!!), a Creative Metal Scrapbook Class and a really cute Card along with my mum's famous Chocolate Viennese Fingers which were delicious...... So HUGE Thanks to all my lovely ladies that came along on Saturday - I hope you have a lovely summer and will look forward to seeing you all again on 26th September when we will hopefully have a Melt-Art demo for you which I am sure you will all thoroughly enjoy........ and No I won't be burning my thumb again for you...... :)

The class on Saturday included using the fab Walnut Hollow Creative Metal working tools, some spellbinders metal, acrylic paint and Glimmer Mists. To create the embossed shapes on the metal we used a Cuttlebug folder and two of the roller tools which are way better quality than the Ten Seconds Studio ones I might add!!! One of my ladies had some Ten Seconds Studio tools with her and they were light and flimsy and one of her rollers kept sticking!! No such problems with the Walnut Hollow so I am delighted I chose the cheaper but better quality make. I've popped the LO photo in below so you can see the finished article and overall I think everyone who took the class thoroghly enjoyed themselves and I'm expecting to see more Creative Metal appearing on LO's real soon............



Sunday was Grand Prix day so while Gary was watching that I snuck off and got scrapping using up some of the stuff I've been trying to use for ages.... The result........ a LO of our holiday to Portugal in October 2007 with my Aunt and Uncle at our favourite Chinese restaurant.... Hope you like it!!


2 comments:

Angie said...

love your LO's .... I am begining to get fasinated by metal work so your link and information will proove very useful when I grt going.

Linda Elbourne said...

I love love love the squirrel LO - those flowers are fabulous!