Monday, 3 August 2009

Another LO.....

I was lucky enough to go for a day of crafting to a crop on Saturday where I got some time to complete some of my own scrapbook layouts so I thought I would share one of them with you which is based on one seen in the September issue of Scrapbook Trends......... I used up one of my photos taken at Fontainbleu in France during our family holiday in July 2008 and which I have been wanting to scrap for a while now.... Once again I have used some of the simply devine K&Co. Que Sera Sera paper which I am just sooooooo in love with and had lots of fun with some Harlequin Grungeboard Elements too. I used Distress Inks and Glimmer Mists on the Grungeboard and was really happy with the results so I hope you like it!! I also used my Threading Water punch and some spellbinders labels dies as well...... Don't forget that you can leave a comment if you want to....



Yesterday (Sunday) was a really busy day as we went off to Framlingham College to pick up Michael who finished his month as a houseparent at an English Language School there. He had a whale of a time and boy did we have a surprise for him when we picked him up!!!! We had secretly arranged for his girlfriend to come up from Devon to travel up with us and we hid her in the boot as we turned into the College! When Michael opened the boot to put his case inside, out she popped!!!!! His face was an absolute picture - I just hope I captured it on film but we'll have to wait and see on that one........... Anyway although the weather was lovely, the pub lunch great and it was brilliant to see Michael again, it was a very, very long day (almost 600 miles travelling there and back) and poor Gary was so tired when he got home. Today is a recovery day before waving off Michael's girlfriend this evening.....

7 comments:

Angie said...

I hope you captured your sons face ... what a great joke.
Love the colours used in your LO

Debsg said...

Those colours are just so yummy.

Julia Dunnit said...

Fab layout Karen, wonderful photo, it's allso sumptuous. Yep, me too over the Que Sera Sera range...just cannot stop using it! Willmiss it too, has to be one of my most successful stash purchases!

Debbie said...

Wow - great photo, the flourish suits the LO perfectly.

Carmen said...

Can you imagine if anyone saw you putting her in the boot? How funny. Oh I do hope you caught his face :P

Maxine said...

OOh the paper on that lo is very scrummy may have to get some! Love how well all the colours work together!

Kit said...

love you LOs fantastic work